12 Days Uganda Safari Adventure to the Most Popular Parks
Explore the Pearl of Africa with our 12 Days Uganda Safari Adventure packed with exciting tour activities. The 12 Days Uganda Safari is available on both budget and luxury travel plan and can be done all year round.
12 Days Uganda Safari Holiday involves you exploring and experiencing Murchison Falls National Park, Queen Elizabeth National Park on game viewing, Bwindi Impenetrable National Park on gorilla trekking and Kibale National Park on chimpanzee tracking.
Your 12 Days Uganda Wildlife Expedition will commence and end at Entebbe International Airport or Kampala Capital city.
Activities to do on 12 Days Uganda Safari Adventure:
- Gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Chimpanzee trekking in Kibale National Park
- Nature walks
- Crater Lake exploration
- Rhino tracking at Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary
- Canoe Ride
- Game drives
- Boat cruises
- Cultural Experiences
- Bird Watching
Brief itinerary of your 12 days Uganda Safari
- Day 1: Arrival and Transfer to a hotel in Kampala
- Day 2: Morning Transfer to Murchison Falls National Park
- Day 3: Wildlife Experience with Game drive and Boat cruise on the River Nile
- Day 4: Visit to the top of the falls and Transfer to Kibale Forest National Park
- Day 5: Primates Search – Chimpanzee trekking and Bigodi Walk
- Day 6: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park and Visit the Salt mines
- Day 7: Wildlife Viewing by Game Drives and Boat Ride
- Day 8: Game drive and transfer to Lake Bunyonyi
- Day 9: Canoe ride and Batwa Cultural Tour
- Day 10: Mountain Gorilla Trekking Experience
- Day 11: Transfer to Lake Mburo National Park, Evening Boat Cruise
- Day 12: Morning Game Drive or Walking safaris in Lake Mburo and return to Kampala
Detailed itinerary of your 12 Days Uganda Safari
Day 1: Arrival and Transfer to a hotel in Kampala
This is for the evening arrivals at the Airport. You will get a warm welcome from your driver guide at Entebbe International Airport and later, connect to your preferred hotel in Entebbe or Kampala.
Ideal Accommodations in Entebbe and Kampala
- Luxury: Serena Hotel, Sheraton Hotel
- Midrange: Mestil Hote, Protea Hotel by Marriott Entebbe
- Budget: Acacia Villa, Sunset Hotel Entebbe
Main Activities: Briefing, relaxing at the hotel
Day 2: Morning Transfer to Murchison Falls National Park
The real adventure of the 12 days Uganda safari will begin with an early breakfast and thereafter, head northwestwards to Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary where you track the endangered Southern White rhinos.
You will then have lunch before connecting to Masindi and then to your booked lodge for relaxation, dinner and overnight stay in Murchison Falls National Park.
Ideal Accommodations at Murchison Falls National Park
- Luxury: Paraa Safari Lodge, Chobe Lodge
- Midrange: Pakuba Safari lodge, Murchison River Lodge
- Budget: Fort Murchison in Tents, Red Chili
Main Activities: Rhino Tracking, Travelling, Bird Watching
Day 3: Wildlife Experience with Game drive and Boat cruise on the River Nile
Enjoy your hot cup of tea or coffee and after, meet your driver/guide then set off on morning game drive in the northern circuit of Murchison Falls National Park.
This is a 2 to 3-hour experience. On a game drive, expect to see Giraffes, the African elephants, warthogs, hyenas, buffaloes, lions, leopards, antelopes (including Uganda Kobs, waterbucks, bush duikers, orbis), birds and not to forget the breathtaking landscape.
After, you will drive back to have lunch and, in the afternoon, you have a boat trip to the bottom of the Murchison falls. This will reward you with astonishing view of basking crocodiles, hippos, water birds such as hornbills, cormorants, kingfishers, saddle bill stork, Goliath heron, Egyptian geese to mention but a few.
- The same as of the previous night.
Main Activities: Game drive, boat cruise, bird watching, sightseeing
Day 4: Visit to the top of the falls and Transfer to Kibale Forest National Park
Start your day with a delicious cup of tea or coffee and after, you will visit world’s strongest falls, the Murchison Falls before driving away to the primates’ capital of the world!
While at the top of the falls, expect a scenic waterfall, squeezing itself in a narrow gorge of 7 meters before tumbling 40 meters down. Later, drive to Kibale National Park through Hoima-Fort Portal Town.
After reaching Kibale, you will visit the Crater lakes before checking in p your lodge provided you reach there on time.
Ideal Accommodations at Kibale National Park:
- Luxury: Ndali Lodge, Primate Lodge, Kyaninga Lodge
- Midrange: Turaco Treetops Lodge, Kibale Forest Camp
- Budget: Chimpanzee Forest Guesthouse
Main Activities: Travelling, Sightseeing, Visit Crater Lakes
Day 5: Primates Search – Chimpanzee Trekking and Bigodi Walk
After an early breakfast, you will join other visitors at Kanyanchu visitor center for a briefing on safety measures to be observed on chimpanzee trekking experience. You will be grouped into 6 people and assigned to a park ranger guide.
After, you will start your chimpanzee trek which also comes with a magical encounter of other primates like black and white colobus monkeys, L’Hoest monkeys, red tailed monkeys, vervet monkeys, olive baboons as well as bird species, flora.
After your magical encounter, you will spend an hour observing and taking pictures of the human’s distant cousin in their natural habitat before returning to the lodge to enjoy lunch.
In the afternoon, you have guided nature walk in Bigodi wetlands where you will view hundreds of bird species and other primates that resides nearby. Head back to your lodge for overnight.
- The one you spent the previous night in.
Main Activities: Chimpanzee Trekking, Nature walk, Birding.
Day 6: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park and Visit the Salt mines
After the usual morning routine, breakfast, embark on a journey to the medley of wonders. You will arrive at around midday and check in to your lodge.
After enjoying your lunch, you will visit the lake Katwe salt mines and be assigned to a local guide that will take you through the process of extracting salt from the Lake. Salt mining has been taking places at this area for over 600 years with locals.
The lake itself came up as a result of volcanic explosion that happened thousands of years ago and its beauty is found nowhere else. Head back to your lodge for overnight.
Ideal Accommodations at Queen Elizabeth National Park:
- Luxury: Mweya Safari Lodge, Elephant Plains
- Mid-range: Enganzi Game lodge, Buffalo Lodge
- Budget: Kazinga Channel View Lodge, Pumba safari cottages
Main Activities: Community Visit, Travelling, Sightseeing
Day 7: Wildlife Viewing by Game Drives and Boat Ride
After breakfast early in the morning, you will have a morning game drive along Kasenyi sector. This will get you a chance to view the African bush elephants, buffaloes, lions, leopards, antelopes (bushbucks, waterbucks, Uganda Kobs, Topis), birds and many others.
You will get back to the lodge for lunch and, in the afternoon, you have a launch trip on Kazinga channel where you will view water loving animals such as hippos, crocodiles and water bird species.
- We spend overnight in the same lodges as on day 6.
Main Activities: Game drives, bird watching, boat ride
Day 8: Game drive and Transfer to Lake Bunyonyi
After an early morning breakfast at your lodge, check out ready to set off on a morning game drive. You have a chance to see a variety of wildlife species that you missed out the previous day including the defassa waterbuck, buffaloes, bushbucks, leopards, Topis, elephants, Uganda Kobs, birds among others.
After, drive to Lake Bunyonyi; the second deepest lake and a few safe areas to swim in Africa.
Ideal Accommodations at Lake Bunyonyi:
- Luxury: Birdnest @ Lake Bunyonyi
- Midrange: Arcadia Cottages, Bunyonyi Safari Resort
- Budget: Bushara Island Camp
Main Activities: Travelling, Sightseeing, Game viewing
Day 9: Canoe ride and Batwa Cultural Tour
After breakfast early in the morning, you have canoe ride on Lake Bunyonyi where you will visit one of its scenic islands that make up 29 magical islands and seeing hundreds of birds.
Comeback for lunch before taking another canoe trip that will leave you at one of the unique Batwa community for your cultural experience.
You will learn about the hunting skills and tools of the Batwa people, their natural medicine and be entertained by Batwa cultural dancers.
- Spend the night in the previously booked lodge.
Main Activities: Birding, Canoe ride, Cultural experience.
Day 10: Mountain Gorilla Trekking Experience
You will be served with breakfast very early in the morning and after, join other visitors at your respective trailhead (Buhoma, Ruhija, Nkuringo or Rushaga region) for briefing on the set guidelines for gorilla trekking.
One gorilla family will be assigned to you to track in a group of 8 visitors and once you find a gorilla family, you have only an hour of face to face encounter although the trek can take 2-6 hours.
Bwindi Impenetrable National Park has 21 habituated gorilla families set for tourism and research. They include among others Mucunguzi, Kutu, Nshongi, Bikingi, Bushaho, Kahungye, Busingye, Bitukura, Kyaguriro, Makiza, Nkuringo and Katwe.
After the trek, you will be awarded a certificate of completion, head back to your lodge or lunch and chilling. Later in the evening, if you are still able, you will visit local communities mainly for Batwa and Bakiga people. Overnight.
Ideal Accommodations at Bwindi Impenetrable National Park:
- Luxury: Buhoma Lodge/Chameleon Hill Lodge/Rushaga Gorilla Safari Lodge
- Midrange: Gorilla Resort Bwindi/Gorilla Safari Lodge
- Budget: Buhoma Community Rest Camp/Ruhija Gorilla Friends Camp
Main Activities: Gorilla trekking experience, Community visit
Day 11: Transfer to Lake Mburo National Park, Evening Boat Cruise
Your day will start with an early morning breakfast and later, drive to Lake Mburo and have an afternoon boat cruise along Lake Mburo which will reward you with amazing sights of aquatic wildlife such as hippos, crocodiles and water birds.
Ideal Accommodations at Lake Mburo National Park:
- Luxury: Mihingo Lodge/Mantana Lake Mburo Camp
- Midrange: Lake Mburo Safari Lodge/Rwakobo Rock
- Budget: Eagles Nest Camp
Main Activities: Boat ride, Travelling.
Day 12: Morning Game Drive or Walking safaris in Lake Mburo and return to Kampala
After breakfast, walk with park ranger guide for you to view variety of wildlife species. You can as well opt for a game drive where you will view the flora and fauna of the smallest Savannah park in Uganda.
Later, get back to check out from your lodge ready to embark on return journey to Kampala. Along the way, make a stopover at Equator for photo taking and another stopover at Mpigi Royal Drum makers’ center.
You will be dropped at your hotel in Kampala or Entebbe Airport for your scheduled flight.
End of your 12 days Uganda Safari
Book This Uganda Safari
12 Days Uganda Safari package includes:
- All activities in the travel plan
- Transportation in a 4×4 drive car
- Services of an English-speaking driver guide
- Accommodation and meals
- Park entry fees
- Gorilla permit $700
- Chimpanzee permit at $200
- Bottled water
12 Days Uganda Safari package excludes
- Uganda visa
- Medical/Personal insurance
- International flights
- Expenses such as laundry services, tips, beverages, hotel fees in Kampala, extra activities and accommodation outside your travel plan.