Budget Uganda Gorilla Safaris from as Low as USD $950
Discover the best Budget Uganda Gorilla Safaris to Bwindi and Mgahinga that are perfect for travelers who want to do Gorilla Trekking Uganda at a cheaper cost. Budget Gorilla safaris are characterized by simple or basic safari lodges, minimal number of days and the cheaper safari vehicles for transfering.
Uganda is an ideal Budget Gorilla Safari destination based on her relatively priced gorilla permits ($700) and variety of accommodation facilities within and outside the 2 gorilla parks; Bwindi Impenetrable National Park and Mgahinga Gorilla National Park.
Mountain gorillas’ natural habitats are far from Uganda’s only International Airport and the capital, Kampala. The distance from Kampala to Bwindi is estimated at 493 km or 8 hours drive time. The road trip alone can make the Uganda gorilla safari more costly. This is when we come in with our optimized means to cut the costs.
When planning your Budget Uganda Gorilla Safaris, always remember the best time to trek gorillas. It should be noted that, the best time to do gorilla trekking is during the 2 dry season between June to early September and December to February. These 2 seasons are considered high season as many tourists prefer trekking mountain gorillas when it is dry.
Tip for budget travelers, it is during the low season when lodges give out tremendous discounts hence reducing on the cost of the tour package. During our Budget Uganda Gorilla Safaris of the low season (rainy season), we use 4×4 safari vehicles to beat the wet muddy roads and we also advise our clients to pack rain gears for a smooth gorilla safari.
5 Tips for a Successful Budget Gorilla Safari
What to Consider When Booking Budget Uganda Gorilla Safaris
- The Accommodation Type – The choice of Safari Lodge: Uganda offer a range of accommodations from the unrated to 5-star hotels and lodges. When choosing lodges for a Budget Uganda Gorilla Safari, we always opt for the cheaply priced but comfortable lodges/hotels.
- The Transportation Mode: There are flights organized from Entebbe to Bwindi but, that is for the excluded. For our budget travelers, we travel in basic private safari vehicles that are simple but well maintained to avoid breakdowns while on trip.
- The Start and End Point: As earlier highlighted, Bwindi and Mgahinga are highly isolated from Kampala and Entebbe airport. So, in order to minimize the cost of transportation, we advise our international guests to fly in through Kigali airport Rwanda. The distance from Kigali to Bwindi is relatively short compared to that of Kampala to Bwindi. Kigali city is then preferred as our start/end point on short Budget Uganda Gorilla Safaris.
- The Group Size: Being a sole traveler has advantages but, when it comes to costs, you foot all the bills on your own. When you travel in a group, you tend to reduce costs as you will be sharing costs with your travelling companion hence spending less. See Uganda Group Tours for inspiration and more information.
- The Number of Days: However much you may need to save, you can never spend less on a longer Gorilla Safari than the one on a short Gorilla Safari. The more you stay on a trip, the more you spend yet the main tourist activity, Gorilla Trekking can easily be done in 2 or 3 days.
Our Top 5 Best Budget Uganda Gorilla Safaris
6 Days Budget Uganda Safari
This tour takes you to Uganda’s most interesting parks for wildlife adventure, chimpanzee and gorilla trekking at an affordable price. The 6 Days Budget Uganda Safari takes you to Bwindi impenetrable national park for Gorilla trekking and Batwa experiences, Queen Elizabeth national park for game...
3 Days Bwindi Gorilla Safari
This is a budget Uganda gorilla safari to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park focusing on Mountain Gorilla trekking and Batwa cultural experience. The 3 days Gorilla Trekking Bwindi Tour provides the best wildlife encounter with the endangered mountain gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable, one of their natural habitat...
2 Days Gorilla Trekking Uganda
The 2 Days Gorilla Trekking Uganda from Kigali introduces you into the misty Bwindi Impenetrable National Park to enjoy a lifetime mountain gorilla trekking experience. The short Uganda gorilla safari takes 1 night and 2 days and you will be exploring any of Bwindi’s 4 gorilla safari...
1 Day Gorilla Trekking Uganda
This is a special gorilla safari package for primates lovers eager to trek Mountain Gorillas in Bwindi but are time bound. Trekking mountain gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable National park on 1 day Gorilla Trekking Uganda Tour plan is designed to start and end in Kigali city, Rwanda for international tourists. This 1 day...
5 Days Uganda Gorilla and Wildlife Safari
The 5-Day budget Uganda Gorilla and Wildlife Safari takes you through a lifetime gorilla trekking experience in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, 2 game drives and a boat cruise in Queen Elizabeth...
Design your Uganda Budget Gorilla Safari from Scratch
FAQs about Budget Gorilla Safaris
The 1 Day Gorilla Trekking Tour Uganda from Kigali is the most cost friendly gorilla safari in Uganda.
A Gorilla Trekking Permit costs $700 in Uganda and the Gorilla habituation Permit goes for $1,500.
The worthiness of a gorilla safari is tied to fact that the biggest part of the money spent on gorilla permits goes direct to the conservation of the mountain gorillas.
Gorilla Trekking is simply the hike to the thick forests to encounter mountain gorillas in their natural habitats.
Comparing the cost of gorilla permits in both countries; Uganda at $700 and Rwanda at $1,500, Uganda is a better option for your Budget Uganda Gorilla safari.