1 Day Gorilla Trekking Uganda from Kigali or Kisoro Uganda
1 day Gorilla Trekking Uganda is a special gorilla safari package for primates lovers eager to trek Mountain Gorillas in Bwindi but are time bound.
Trekking mountain gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable National park on 1 day Gorilla Trekking Uganda Tour plan is designed to start and end in Kigali city, Rwanda for international tourists. This 1 day gorilla trekking Uganda tour can also be conveniently done from Kisoro town in Uganda or if your in Kampala or Entebbe, an internal flight must be used to catch up.
Gorilla trekking is known to be an adventure for conservation and every gorilla permit you buy, you directly contribute on the conservation efforts. The distance from the Uganda’s international airport takes about 8 hours which make it almost impossible to do a gorilla trek in a day.
But, with this 1 Day Gorilla Trekking Uganda tour plan, a gorilla safari to Bwindi forest is possible in just one day. whether on a business trip or conference, you can spare a day and make your gorilla trekking dream come true.
Highlights of your 1 day gorilla trekking Uganda tour
- Mountain gorilla trekking in Bwindi
- 1 hour of magical encounter with mountain gorillas in the wild
- Photography and touring
- Border crossing through Katuna/Chanika border areas
- Travel in a 4×4 Safari Van or Land Cruiser
Detailed Itinerary of your 1 day Gorilla Trekking Uganda Tour
Being a short gorilla safari and since it involves border crossing, expect to get up early enough to prepare, take breakfast then ensure you have some packed snacks and bottled water.
Meet and greet your Uganda gorilla tour guide ready to start your 3 to 4 hours which involves Katuna or Chanika border crossing to Kabale or Kisoro Town then later to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park offices for 7:00 am briefing on gorilla trekking rules.
At 8:00 am, the park official will be done with briefing, assigning every group of 8 trekkers a habituated gorilla family and park guide.
This is the time you will begin navigating through the rainforest, steep slopes to look for mountain gorillas and this takes about 2 to 6 hours inclusive of 1 hour you will have face to face with these rare creatures, taking pictures, learning about their feeding habits, how they socialize and a lot more.
Since your gorilla trek involves navigating through Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, expect to come across other primates, birds and trees/plant species of medicinal importance. Get back to where you had briefing; meet your Uganda tour guide/driver who then will drive you back to Kigali or Kisoro. This will mark the end of your 1 day gorilla trekking Uganda tour.
The gorilla tour includes
- Gorilla permit ($700)
- Road trip in a 4×4 Safari Van/Land Cruiser
- Photography & touring
- Fulltime English-speaking guide
- Park guide fees
- Bottled drinking water
- All trip activities but not the optional ones
The gorilla tour excludes
- Hotel fees in Kigali after your trip
- Optional activities
- Telephone calls
- Other drinks/beverages
- Laundry services
- Visa fees
Where gorilla treks are done in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
Gorilla treks in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park are carried out starting from anyone of the 4 regions, each comprising of habituated gorilla families;
- Nkuringo in the south with gorilla families such as Nkuringo, Christmas and Bushaho.
- Rushaga region in the south consisting of Bikingi group, Kutu, Mucunguzi, Busingye, Mishaya, Bweza, Kahungye, Nshongi and Rwigi.
- Buhoma sector in the North has gorilla groups like Katwe, Habinyanja family, Mubare and Rushegura group.
- Ruhija sector in the east features gorilla families like Bitukura group, Oruzongo, Kyaguriro and Mukiza family.
What to carry on 1 day gorilla trekking Uganda tour
- Waterproof hiking boots/shores
- Waterproof daypack
- Camera with no flashlight plus extra batters and charger
- Long sleeved shirt
- Insect repellents
- First aid kit
- Sun hat
- Bottled drinking water
- Sun glasses
- Rain jacket or poncho
Some of the gorilla trekking rules to observe
- A 7 meters’ distance should be kept away from mountain gorillas at all times.
- If you are ill, you won’t be allowed to track mountain gorillas
- Gorilla trekking strictly for persons above 15 years.
- A maximum of 8 visitors are always allowed to trek 1 habituated gorilla family.
- Upon finding a gorilla family, you will have 1 hour of magical encounter.
- Don’t smoke, drink or eat in the presence of gorillas.
- No flashlight camera should be used when taking pictures of gorillas.
Leave the gorilla habitat as clean as you found it.
3 Days Gorilla Trekking Bwindi Tour
The 3 days gorilla trekking Bwindi tour provides the best wildlife encounter with the endangered mountain gorillas in their natural habitat. Your gorilla trekking safari destination will be Bwindi Impenetrable National Park in southwestern… View Tour
5 Days Uganda Gorilla and Cultural Tour
The 5 days Uganda Gorilla and Cultural tour is a unique safari experience leading adventurous tourists to the rarely visited Mgahinga National Park within the Virunga Conservation Area in south-western Uganda. Mgahinga is Uganda’s… View Tour