Magical 2 Days Gorilla Trekking Uganda Safari at Low-Cost
2 Days Gorilla Trekking Uganda is a short gorilla tour best designed for travelers in Kigali who crave to see Mountain Gorillas in Bwindi in just 48 hours
The 2 Days Gorilla Trekking Uganda from Kigali (for international travelers) introduces you into the misty Bwindi Impenetrable National Park to enjoy a lifetime mountain gorilla trekking experience.
The short Uganda gorilla safari takes 1 night and 2 days and you will be exploring any of Bwindi’s 4 gorilla safari sectors that is Ruhija, Nkuringo, Buhoma and Rushaga.
Bwindi Impenetrable National Park is often visited for mountain gorilla encounter. The park is situated in Southwestern Uganda and hosts up to 459 of the 1063 mountain gorillas that the world is left with.
In this splendid 331sq.kms impenetrable forest park, there are 20 habituated gorilla families to be trekked each visited by only 8 tourists.
Mountain gorillas are part of the 120 mammals Bwindi Impenetrable National Park pride itself.
Other species that share the same habitat with these rare creatures include chimpanzees though not yet habituated for tourism purposes, colobus monkeys, golden cats, black fronted duikers, buffaloes, elephants, jackals, bats, 360 birds including the African green broadbill.
Highlights of 2 Days Gorilla Trekking Uganda
- Day 1: Kigali to Bwindi via Gatuna border
- Day 2: Gorilla trekking & travel back via Gatuna to Kigali
Detailed itinerary of the 2 Days Gorilla Trekking Uganda
Day 1: Kigali to Bwindi via Gatuna border
Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, a leading Uganda gorilla trekking destination located in the Southwestern part of the country.
Accessing Bwindi, a home to mountain gorillas takes 3-5 hours’ drive from Kigali and it is where you will engage in gorilla trekking on the second day.
Before setting off to Bwindi, your All Uganda Safaris guide will brief you while touring Kigali with possible places to visit including local markets, Gisozi genocide sites and other historical sites.
After, the actual road trip to Bwindi National Park begins taking you through Rwanda border- Gatuna to Kabale then to the park to check into your gorilla safari lodge preferably at Buhoma.
Lodges in Bwindi
- Buhoma Community Rest Camp/Bwindi View Bandas/CPTH Camp (Basic)
- Engagi Lodge/Haven Lodge Buhoma/Silverback Lodge (Midrange)
- Mahogany Springs Lodge/Buhoma Lodge/Gorilla Forest Camp (Luxury)
Day’s Main Activities: City tour, Transfer, boarder crossing
Day 2: Gorilla trekking & Travel back via Gatuna to Kigali
After breakfast, assemble at the Northern sector of Bwindi National Park- Buhoma region for briefing from UWA official on gorilla trekking rules.
At 8:00am, expect to start a 2-8 hours’ search for mountain gorillas (gorilla family groups to visit Habinyanja, Katwe, Rushegura & Mubare) and upon finding them, settle for 1 hour for a magical encounter.
Explore more about their daily behaviors, take photos then walk back to be awarded a certificate. Meet your driver after getting a certificate then begin your return gorilla safari trip to Kigali via Gatuna Rwanda border marking the of 2 Days Gorilla Trekking Uganda, Bwindi.
End of 2 Days Gorilla Trekking Uganda
2 Days Gorilla Trekking Uganda Safari Costs includes;
- Valid gorilla permit
- Travel by 4WD vehicle
- Full time driver to & fro
- A bottle of clean drinking water
- Accommodation in Buhoma for 1 night and meals
- All activities on your gorilla trip excluding optional ones
2 Days Gorilla Trekking Uganda price package excludes
Safety Tips to Observe on a 2-day Gorilla Trek Uganda
A gorilla safari is an adventure to conserve the mountain gorillas! A successful gorilla trekking trip requires that you observe some vital rules and safety tips;
- It is important to carry appropriate tools for gorilla trekking trips, pack forest worthy clothes, hiking shoes, walking stick and don’t forget a camera, water bottle, insect repellent, snacks, binoculars, sunscreen and hat.
- Gorilla trekking is tedious, you’ll most likely encounter a few physical challenges along the way. The terrain is mountainous and full of dense vegetation, carry your energy giving snacks and drinks
- Make sure to stay at least 7 meters away from the gorillas except if a gorilla approaches you, you are advised not to run.
- Maintain high level of silence and calmness. Remain quiet and calm while trekking and in presence of the gorillas, and never attempt to touch them.
- Treat the forests with respect at all times, and never get tempted and feed or disturb the mountain gorillas when you are on the trek.
- Additionally, just before you even set out of your house to trek these endangered primates, make sure you are free from any communicable diseases to avoid infecting the gorillas.
The 1 Day Gorilla Trekking Uganda is a special gorilla safari package for primates lovers eager to trek Mountain Gorillas in Bwindi but are time bound. Trekking mountain gorillas in Bwindi National park…
The 3 Days Gorilla Trekking Bwindi Tour provides the best wildlife encounter with the endangered mountain gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, one of their natural habitats. Your gorilla…
Our 3 Days Gorilla Habituation Experience safari involves you exploring and experiencing Rushaga region of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park in Uganda. This gorilla safari package is…